Monday, August 17, 2009

We have not posted alot lately....I want to do this more. Just seems like the days speed by and the nights slow down! HA So I don’t have as much time as I would like. Right now it is 5:30am and it is the quietest so I can get stuff done but it is also a Monday so there is alot to do to get all of our boys ready.


So this particular blog is to rely when Hayden started Kindergarten last Monday. I really didn’t get to write about it and post pictures....and I wanted to. So for history’s sake - this is for Hayden’s first day of school.


Hayden goes to Heritage K-8 Charter School. It is a school of choice here. There is no one slated to go by where you live. It is a straight lottery. Luckily for us we got in. They take 40 Kindergardeners and we were #29. So lucky!!! This school is high on the academics and less on the PE. It is a great school and gets rave reviews by parents. They wear uniforms which is great! I don’t have to keep buying clothes and takes out the distractions from the school. This is one of those schools where they expect parent involvement.


So his teachers are Miss Rochon and her aide Mrs. Lang. They are great. Miss Rochon looks like she should still be in college! But very nice. He really likes her.


I took off 3 days to spend time with him before he had to start the 6-6 program for our early/late work schedules - GOOOOOOO military! I wanted him to settle in okay with the school before making him go to an additional program. From the first day he was so excited. His new backpack that he couldn’t wait to wear. It had star wars on it. New lunch box....and all the supplies!


He really likes the school! He got homework the first day and every day after that. Just practice writing letters but nonetheless it was homework. I can’t wait to volunteer more. I worked 2 days at the school and got to have lunch with Hayden. I want him to know we are here for him and that he still has his OWN time with us. That it isn’t just about the babies all the time. So I had them in daycare for first 2 days. Then spent the 3rd day just with the babies.


Let me just say this - I can’t wait to retire!


So first thing in the morning Hayden has to line up on his “K” line. Then at 7:55 the bell rings the gates close, and the children are led to the classrooms. Parents aren’t allowed in classroom for first few weeks to allow for adjustment. I understand but I wasn’t happy about it. Especially first day. She said that she loses 2 hours with students due to parents hanging around. I wouldn’t have done that....yeah right! LOL


So I have attached some pictures and videos of his first day. Enjoy!